Compassion International

Compassion International
This blogger is a proud supporter of Compassion International.

Friday, June 26, 2015

The Once-Saved-Always-Saved Fuss

     


     I, for one, have decided that God alone knows if a person is permanently saved.

     Because God is omnipotent and sovereign, if He wants to, then He can make it so that a person is permanently saved. Who am I to deny that God has the ability and the authority to do such a thing? What requires us mere mortals to understand why God would do such a thing before He can do it?

      Because God is omnipotent and sovereign, if He wants to, then He can permit a saved person to become unsaved again. Who am I to deny that God has the ability and the authority to do such a thing? What requires us mere mortals to understand why God would do such a thing before He can do it?

     I prefer to say, "I do not know," than to argue about something that I don't need to argue about.  Must I know the answer to a spiritual mystery before I can do the work that God has given me to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment